Cisco Network Monitoring
- PRTG Turnkey Solution for Cisco Device Monitoring
- PRTG Provides Sensors Designed Specifically for Cisco Devices
- PRTG uses SNMP and NetFlow to monitor network devices
- PRTG strengthens network security and quality of service
How is Cisco monitoring implemented in the PRTG solution?
Special sensors have been developed to monitor the Cisco network.
Cisco solutions are available in many segments, from network management and unified communication to routing and switching management. Cisco monitoring will help you take full advantage of the functionality of Cisco devices. Following the “all inclusive” principle, we provide access to all sensors for Cisco monitoring in the free version of PRTG. Install the sensors and start working.
Get data on the status of the system, device and network equipment, information about traffic, connections and users, as well as get help in making decisions on service management – with PRTG you guarantee the health of the system, the stability of the connection and the security of applications in Cisco networks.
As part of the community, Cisco Paessler has developed sensors that take into account the characteristics of Cisco devices. Individual sensors use NetFlow, Cisco’s technology to monitor traffic. From ADSL to VPN connections, all the way to Voice over IP applications: PRTG guarantees the quality of your services.
PRTG guarantees reliable operation.
Start using it now:
PRTG provides ready-made sensors for monitoring Cisco systems
A wide range of ready-made Cisco sensors simplifies the work of system administrators. If you need more, you can create your own Cisco sensors with a few clicks.
Examples of sensors:
- Cisco IP SLA Sensor: Quality of Service (QoS) Monitoring, i.e. Monitoring of VoIP Applications Subject to Latency and Loss
- Cisco ADSL Sensor SNMP: ADSL Statistical Monitoring
- Cisco SNMP CBQoS Sensor: Monitoring Data by Traffic Category Before and After New Rules to Improve Quality of Service (QoS)
- Cisco ASA SNMP VPN Traffic/Connections/Users: Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Virtual Private Network (VPN) Connection Status Monitoring
- IPFIX, NetFlow 9 and NetFlow 5 sensors: Sensors for monitoring traffic through NetFlow
Cisco Monitoring: Why PRTG is the Right Choice
1. High quality due to belonging to the Cisco developer community
Paessler is part of the Cisco Developer Network, PRTG includes out-of-the-box sensors designed with Cisco devices in mind, which provides reliable monitoring.
2. Cisco sensors without additional costs and overpayments
A number of software vendors set a separate price for Cisco sensors. Paessler follows the “all inclusive” principle. Therefore, Cisco sensors are available even in a free test version.
3. Simple VoIP benchmarking
Individual communication parameters are subject to delays and data loss in order to calculate the average, so they are calculated in advance (for example, ICPIF, MOS). This allows you to carry out benchmarking directly, without additional calculations.
4. Full quality assurance (QA) monitoring
All the necessary parameters can be displayed using only a few sensors. This way, you can easily measure the quality of service of your Cisco network and use the data to make informed decisions.
5. High-performance monitoring via SNMP
SNMP collects parameters such as CPU usage and ADSL connection statistics for your Cisco router. And it doesn’t load bandwidth.
6. Review all IPsec VPN connections
PRTG allows you to control traffic, users, and IPsec-protected VPN connections for the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA). Which users are online and offline now? Monitor the situation with PRTG sensors.
7. Quickly create multiple sensors for VPN connections
When you activate the ASA’s VPN sensors, you quickly set up additional VPN connections for monitoring. You do not need to create a separate sensor for each individual connection.
8. System Status Overview
PRTG gives you a reliable overview of all the values you need, including temperature, CPU utilization, power supply, and available memory.
9. Cisco NetFlow Compatibility
Six sensors help high-load networks monitor data transmission. The standard and custom sensors are compatible with NetFlow, IPFIX, NetFlow 9, and NetFlow 5.
10. Automatic sending of notifications
If an error occurs or the threshold is exceeded, you will be notified immediately.
11. Reduce IT workload
With PRTG sensors and notifications, you no longer need to spend time manually checking each device.
12. Network Security
Sensors designed specifically for Cisco monitoring and deep monitoring will help detect vulnerabilities in Cisco devices.
Here’s How Cisco Monitoring is Implemented in the PRTG Solution
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is an easy way to monitor the status of your network. Network and CPU utilization is minimal; however, you cannot analyze the protocol or IP address.
NetFlow is a Cisco technology in which the bandwidth usage state is determined internally by the device and sent to the PRTG. Consequently, the bandwidth load is minimal. NetFlow offers a higher degree of granularity (e.g., over network protocol/IP address) than SNMP, and because of its low network resource consumption, it is ideal for high-load networks.