JetBrains TeamCity is a software product that is an integrated environment for collective software creation and a development process management system. It automates the basic processes of collaborative development, including the processes of running tests, analyzing source code, integrating and adding code changes specified by developers, managing assemblies. TeamCity coordinates them, speeding up the process and ensuring effective interaction of team members.
JetBrains TeamCity allows you to integrate and control code modifications in the process of teamwork. This solution monitors the complex operation of tests, bug fixes and generates alerts. The powerful functionality of TeamCity allows you to effectively manage the development process and use all possible types of configuration for any projects.
- Instant notifications of build errors. You don’t have to wait for the build to finish to find out about compilation issues or crashed tests
- Ability to run the build and testing of modified code without committing to the version control system, directly from the IDE
- Excellent built-in support for Ruby and XCode projects
- Hierarchical structure of projects that allows you to easily set up rights and significantly speeds up server configuration
- Rich statistical reports on the results of builds will satisfy the most demanding user
- Easily manage your build agent farm, including automatic update, pooling, and load reporting
- Share management, which allows you to easily restrict access to shared databases, test devices, and so on.
- Configurable build crash conditions based on multiple metrics, including the number of crashed tests, the number of uncovered classes and modules, and metrics that prevent degradation of code quality
- Unique features to keep the server in good shape: built-in build history cleaning, disk space usage reports, and server health reports
- Support for mixed authentication, allowing you to use different authentication methods (LDAP, Windows Domain, built-in) at the same time
- Excellent integration with version control systems: support for multiple systems for a single project, feature branches for Mercurial and Git, advanced rules for running builds based on changes in version control systems
- Roles and user groups that allow you to quickly and easily set up access to the server for all users in the company
- Support for service messages, which allow build tools to communicate directly with the server, and REST API, which allows you to manage the server using third-party scripts
- Over 100 free ready-to-use plugins