A code syntax analysis tool, bug highlighting, a testing option, and the ability to choose from options for replacing code lines help speed up the development process and improve the quality of applications. JetBrains PyCharm’s navigation system allows you to quickly navigate between files, methods, users, and the class hierarchy. JetBrains PyCharm users can use keywords to optimize the search for the right items.
- Powerful and functional code editor with syntax highlighting, auto-formatting, and auto-indentation for supported languages.
- Simple and powerful navigation in the code.
- Help writing code, including autocomplete, auto-import, code templates, checking for language interpreter version compatibility, and more.
- Quick view of documentation for any element directly in the editor window, viewing external documentation through the browser, docstring support – generation, highlighting, auto-completion and much more.
- A large number of code inspections.
- Powerful code refactoring, which provides ample opportunities to perform quick global changes in the project.
- Full support for the latest versions of the Django framework.
- Support for Google App Engine.
- Support for IronPython, Jython, Cython, PyPy wxPython, PyQt, PyGTK, etc.
- Support for the Flask framework and the Mako and Jinja2 languages.
- Integration with version control systems (VCS).
- UML class diagrams, Django model diagrams, and Google App Engine.
- Integrated Unit testing.
- Interactive consoles for Python, Django, SSH, debugger, and databases.
- Full-featured graphics debugger (Debugger).
- Schema support for the most popular IDE/editors. such as Netbeans, Eclipse, Emacs, VIM editor emulation.
- PyCharm has several color schemes, as well as customizable code syntax highlighting.
- Integration with bug/issue trackers such as JIRA, Youtrack, Lighthouse, Pivotal Tracker, GitHub, Redmine, Trac.
- A huge, constantly updated collection of plugins.
- Cross-platform (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
The main innovations of the latest version of PyCharm include:
- Web2py and Pyramid support
- Updated and improved autocompletion
- New refactorings
- New Code Inspections
- Duplicate code detection
- Enhanced support for PyQt and PyGTK